Welcome to OpenComments™:
Empowering the Individual on the Internet
- Post comments on any Web page
- Receive warnings about scam sites
- Build public forums, free of censorship
- Read, post and reply to an OpenComment without the extension or mobile app.
- Share comments with your favorite social networks
- Call out fake news and hidden agendas on their doorstep.
- Bypass censorship of social media groups and online retailers.
- To reply to a comment, tap the Reply icon to the left of the Share icon.
Post comments on any Web page
If you can navigate to it, you can post or reply to a comment on it. You can even share your comment with other people, including those who don't have OpenComments installed.
Receive warnings about scam sites
Thinking about buying something from a company you don't know? Just navigate to any of its Web pages and OpenComments will scour the Internet about the company and tell you in seconds if it's a scam. If others had posted comments on the page, they will be displayed as well.
For example, using the OpenComments browser extension, you might see the following:
With the OpenComments Android app, the same page will look like this and the comments will be automatically displayed, to further catch your attention:
Build public forums, free of censorship
Read, post and reply to an OpenComment without the extension or mobile app.
If you want to post comments and you don't have the OpenComments extension or app installed, try the OpenComments Web app:
2. Enter the URL of the page you want to post a comment on and press the Enter key on your laptop or mobile device. Note that pressing the left-arrow icon will take you back to the previous page.
3. Tap the "+" icon to post your comment. If you're prompted to sign in first, do so.
4. Compose and optionally format your OpenComment (select some text and press B to highlight the text in bold, I to italicize the selected text and the link symbol to make the text a clickable hypertext link) and press the Post button.
Share comments with your favorite social networks
Using either the OpenComments extension or the Web app, you can share comments with your social networks by tapping the Share icon to the right of the comment and choosing how you want to share it (via email, Facebook, WhatsApp or copy the page URL). The comments list is automatically updated whenever a new comment is posted and users may share any comment with anyone they wish. A great way to promote your comment to the rest of the world!
Here's how it works:
Navigate to a page you wish to comment on, press the + button and compose a comment:
2. Press the Post button to post your comment. The Post Completion dialog should appear:
3. Now tap the Share icon on the right. The following choices will be displayed:
4. Select one of the three sharing options; for example, share via email. Add one or more message recipients, an optional subject and message body, then send the message.
5. When the recipient selects the link, they will see the comment you posted and the site and page URL where the comment was posted on:
Here's what a user of the OpenComments extension would see if they navigated to Page URL:
If a user navigates to app.opencomments.com, they will see a display similar to the following, prompting them to either enter the URL of a Web page, or a list of all the current OpenComments, sorted in descending order by the date of posting:
By navigating to a Web page, they will see all the comments posted on that page:
Sharing to Facebook will result in something like the following. Tapping the OpenComments icon will cause the message to be displayed.
Call out fake news and hidden agendas on their doorstep.
With the extension:
With the Android app: